In a thrilling announcement for gamers, Innersloth, the brains behind the immensely popular game “Among Us,” unveiled their latest creation, “The Fungle.” This exciting new map invites players into a jungle-themed environment, where their mission is to delve deep into its mysteries while dodging the cunning imposter.
For players eager to embark on this new journey, it’s crucial to ensure your game version is updated to v2023.10.24, as access to “The Fungle” is reserved for this version onwards. Delving into the specifics of this exotic locale, it boasts sandy shores, dense mushroom forests, and towering cliffs. These diverse terrains, especially the beach areas, are intricately designed, resembling previous maps, with secluded sections, giving the imposter ample opportunities to strike.
Beyond the innovative design and layout, The Fungle presents novel challenges and tasks. Crewmates will be engrossed in diverse activities like frisbee, fishing, weightlifting, marshmallow roasting, and more. In contrast, imposters receive a fresh weapon in their arsenal – The Mushroom Mixup. Once this feature is activated, a chaotic shuffle ensues, swapping all players’ colors.
Adding to the immersive experience, players can now glide across The Fungle using ziplines, introducing an added layer of strategy and mobility. Fans will also appreciate the newly added ejection animation, enhancing the suspenseful moments when voting out suspected imposters. For fashion-forward gamers, The Fungle-themed cosmetic items have been introduced to the in-game shop, perfect for those eager to sport a beachy look.
Patch Notes v2023.10.24 Breakdown:
- Chat box will be selected when opening it in Free Chat – no more needing to click and then type!
- Tweaks to audio files which should reduce load times on lower end devices
- The Airship and The Fungle will take an extra 5 seconds to load so lower end devices can get all needed assets
- Pets of dead players will no longer sit idle – they’ll go back to being heartbroken that you’re dead
- Guardian Angels can no longer protect Crewmates during Comms Sabotage
- When creating or finding a game, Impostor count no longer defaults to 3
- [Mobile] – Players will no longer be kicked for hacking while venting as an Engineer
Below, you’ll find a list of known bugs:
- [Fungle] – The sound effects for the zipline may play continuously if a meeting is called while a player is on the zipline.
- [Fungle] – The campfire sound effect may play during a game’s intro sequence.
- [Fungle] – Invisible collision may block player movement around the Labs.
- [Fungle] – The map label for the dock may not be correctly displayed at times.
- [Fungle] – The orange fish may be caught at a much higher rate than the others during the fishing task.
- [Fungle] [Android] – Controls may become unresponsive if the game device goes to sleep while the critter is hatching.
- [Fungle] – Hats may float behind the player while using the zipline under certain conditions.
- [Fungle] – A Crewmate may hang too far below the zipline during the travel animation.
- [Fungle] – Using the zipline during a Mushroom Mix Up may display the wrong hand color.
- [Fungle] – An incorrect task explanation may be displayed while completing the Roast Marshmallow task.
- [Practice Mode] – A dummy in the kitchen may spawn that cannot be killed.
- [All Maps] – Quick Chat may incorrectly list certain terms as sabotages.
- [All Maps] [PC/Console Platforms] – Shapeshifters may lose functionality if the shapeshift time runs out while completing the Reactor Handprint Reader and Door sabotages