The renowned game developers at NetherRealm Studios have graced Mortal Kombat 1 enthusiasts with another enhancement-packed update. While the complete list of official patch details remains under wraps, the dedicated player community has been quick to uncover the standout features of this new version.
As highlighted by gamer @Mitsuownes’s Twitter thread, we gain insight into the tweaks brought about by the 0.134 update. Notably, players can once again tag moves, streamlining the process of mastering specific sequences. Furthermore, a prominent relief to many, the update curtails the spamming of Cyrax’s infamous horizontal kopter chopper. Now, every execution of this move will require expending a full energy bar.
However, the refinements aren’t confined to Cyrax. Sub-Zero, another fan-favorite, has seen tweaks to his EX Ice Clone move. Instead of freezing foes on the spot, it now inflicts damage and causes opponents to tumble. Similarly, Raiden’s aerial 2,2,4 combination no longer boasts a subsequent move after rivals ricochet off the terrain.
The 0.134 version isn’t all about nerfs and alterations. It incorporates several elements to elevate the player’s experience. For one, to maintain online decorum, players will now find themselves auto-muted. Additionally, the much-appreciated ping indicators make a return to matches. Game mode enthusiasts also have something to cheer about with the introduction of the ‘Forever King of The Hill’ mode. And in the spirit of the season, the Cage mansion adorns a spooky Halloween aesthetic.
To get a more granular understanding of the 0.134 update, players can navigate to the in-game Notifications section. Some highlights include:
- A special Halloween Fatality up for grabs in the Premium Store.
- Players can now anchor moves directly to their HUD for easy reference.
- Enhancements to online play, including the ability to activate an in-game Ping/Connection Indicator.
- An updated interface allows muting of Voice Chat and Microphone directly from the primary Audio Settings and while in online matches.
- A fix for the persistent issue where ‘New item’ alerts refused to vanish.
- Various general gameplay rectifications to provide a smoother combat experience.